Saturday, May 7, 2011

3d Work Appetizer

O.k, so as every blogger knows, it's imperative to try to stretch out what you have for as long as possible, so for today's 3d post I'm only going to share three images. I tried to scale these so they fit my blog a bit better (and they do!) but they overhang a bit. Oh well.  See what happens when I don't scale them correctly.

This first one was made awhile back (in Cinema 4d) because I needed a new desktop background (for my dual monitor set-up). This is made up of text splines extruded to make them 3d. The grass is made using the fur plug-in. There is also a very slight depth of field lens being used. (Evident in the blurred horizon line.)

For the full size image, go here. (Warning: 3360 x 1050 resolution) I highly recommend viewing the full size image to truly appreciate the grass.
Approximate render time: 1-2 hours



This next one I actually made today (in 3ds Max) just for you guys! The word "BLOGGER" was arbitrary chosen and made using the same method described above; however, as you might notice, it has a hole running through it. This hole is actually fairly complex and made using the Boolean function. The pills are simply the 'capsule' primitive with a mirror-like material applied to them. The 'pipe' that is twirling around is simply a spline with a circle primitive 'lofted' to it. If any of that made sense to you, congrats! You understand this better than most people. What you see below if full size, it would take days to render at a high resolution. The long render time is due the multiple reflections and the quality settings I had it set at.
Approximate render time: 3 hours






Also, those of you familiar with Toribash might appreciate the following. It's a render I did (in Cinema 4d) for a clan's group picture. I would like to point out that I DID NOT model nor rig the characters, but did arrange the composition and make the render.
Due to the quality lighting and blurred reflections, this one took fairly long to render.
Approximate render time: 3 hours
Please view the Full Size!

37 comments:

  1. I like the last one. What program did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fwission: Oops, I forgot to include that, I'll update in a second. The first and last one is Cinema 4d, and the middle one is 3ds Max 2010. Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, I like the blogger one a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude the blogger one is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. Better than anything I could do. Maybe you can post some tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had the skills to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really impressive. I kinda wish I knew how to do things of this nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, really like the blogger one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the blogger one. It's hard to imagine spending all that time rendering though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive. :) I never got the hang of 3DS Max, it was a bit confusing. C4D was more user-friendly, IMO. I think the first picture would've been really nice if you used the same glossy effect on the text just like the second pic. Maybe some clouds, too. :D Other than that, keep doing what you're great at! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep! Loving the blogger one! You are a pro, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing! Blew my mind! If you ever go away or something I'd love to see what the second one looks like in full size!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cinema 4d, I havent done much with it outside of intros for videos though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome blog! Was a nice read =D Keep it up, i'm enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm no good with software like that, but you seem to be amazing at it! Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice work, i'm digging out how the blogger turns out. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol - loving those action figures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never knew the time and dedication required to make these sort of things...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate to sound repetitive here, but the blogger one kicks ass. And thanks for including the Render Time, that really tells you how much goes into these. Don't forget next time as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking good man

    ReplyDelete
  21. im quite interested in this. done a bit myself with lower quality software

    nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow man, nice job. That Blogger one is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is great work! I tried to do stuff like this once for school but I failed quite hard. Not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That blogger one, is amazing. The colors, the well everything! It's really just sexy, good job bro.

    ReplyDelete
  25. have to try out these programs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow looks so good. Tutorials on this please!

    ReplyDelete
  27. pretty cool bbro ;)
    im new to this blogging and ive tried some of your techniques can you check it out?

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love the second one. if your interested in doing some work contact me, im looking for new logos and you seem to have incredible talent

    ReplyDelete
  29. the third one reminds me of a video game i played as a kid. i believe it was for sega genesis.

    ReplyDelete